The Lobe pump is used in breweries (yeast), the dairy industry (cream, yogurt, cottage cheese), confectionary (caramel, toffee, fondant cream), in the soft drinks industry for the likes of syrup and concentrates, in the pharmaceutical industry on creams & ointments, in household & personal care for washing liquids, toothpaste, deodorants, shampoo & soap.
Unibloc is available in a number of specialised variants –
- Meat Pumps transfer raw meat and is fitted with special rotors allowing quick and easy replacement.
- Road tanker Pump – lightest in class and available with either bare-shaft or Hydraulic motor
- Chocolate pumps – heated rotor case and front cover, these pumps have tried and tested shaft seals for this difficult product
- Fryer Pumps – designed to move hot oil from fryers, this version features hard faced seals with Kalrez O rings, special bearings and clearances
The Unibloc pump head has been cited as the cleanest in the industry with its seamless design and porosity free guarantee as standard features on Unibloc.
Other features are as follows:
- The rotors can be supplied in non-galling alloy where pressure spikes might cause a lesser pump to seize, or in plastic which is cost-effective option for the meat processing industry where bits of bone cause frequent chaos
- Oversized shafts which resist pressure are the backbone to the pump’s performance
- The pump head interior and front cover have no pockets or crevices for products to become trapped, resulting in a fully CIP/SIP able design
- Unibloc offer a wider range of shaft sealing options than ANY other lobe pump manufacturer
- For the pharmaceutical industry the pumps are available in a range of alloys, such as duplex or hastelloy and on much shorter delivery times than others
- The gearbox is the toughest precision built in the industry in aircraft grade aluminium alloy or stainless steel
- The Unibloc is available in a “Compac” design that bolts directly to a motor or gearbox flange reducing time spent in aligning different components on a baseplate
- Safe design with no accessible moving parts
- Our “Labtop” variants are a self contained laboratory pump that can be used in R&D facilities to test production techniques & processes. Full scale plant can use the larger Unibloc model without the need to re-validate processes.
It is no surprise that the world’s largest food machinery OEM companies use Unibloc pumps on their machines.