Self-priming centrifugal pumps work reasonably well and we supply a hygienic self-priming centrifugal pump in the KPA range, however, they struggle on installations with multiple tanks.
The liquid ring pump was originally designed as a vacuum pump and that principle has been applied in the S type scavenge pump to make it the best CIP scavenge pump available. Its ability to handle air/gas mixtures, generate a good vacuum and keep those vessels clean is why it is so widely used throughout the food industry.
It is this feature which renders the Liquid Ring extremely efficient in CIP scavenge applications, such as the cleaning of tanks and vessels.
The Liquid Ring is employed anywhere that has CIP for tanks & vessels, but can also perform the following tasks:
- In breweries, it pumps liquid yeast and is involved in yeast transfer
- In dairies, as well as milk tanker offloading the Liquid Ring strains whey from cheese and can pump shear sensitive products such as liquid eggs and cream
Like all KPA pumps the Liquid Ring is also:
- User-friendly and low maintenance
- Test-run prior to shipment
- Benefits from 24 months’ warranty
- Electro-polished CrNiMo forged and sheet metal according to AISI 316L, perfect cleanability, and high corrosion resistance